Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Hard!

I went to my dryland training for the 2nd time last night. I really liked last night's sets. We were in the weight room. We had 2 stations for ab work; one stop on the bench with the medicine ball, and one stop with the giant exercise ball. Then we did the lat pull down machine, the thigh press, the arm press, and the arm/fly press. We did 4 sets. In between each set, we went out to the track and ran laps. I really do like circuit training! I ended up running nearly a mile, just in class last night. Since we really concentrated on our upper body, I'm not nearly as sore today. It's amazing how swimming has strengthened my arms and shoulders! I'm looking forward to next week's sessions too!


I had spent the earlier part of the week concentrating on recovery swims, since I was SO incredibly sore from the first session. I spent the better part of the week in pain. So today, I finally got my first "real" swim in of the week. Here's what I did:
Warm Up: 200 Swim 100 IM Kick 200 Pull
Main Set: 100 Swim 100 IM 200 Swim 200 IM 150 Swim 3 x 100 IM 4 x 50 Kick FAST 4 x 25 Underwaters
Cool Down: 250 Total: 2100 Not a massively big workout, but it's definitely a start!

1 comment:

4_ever_blessed said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of hard work!! You are so dedicated!! Maybe I've never told you this before, but I am very proud of you my friend!!

Much love from,

Linda, Della, and Dixie