Friday, November 13, 2009

Flipper

I'm very sore and stiff today. I'm getting ready to go to my first Master Swim meet in December. I'm ready, as far as the strokes go, but I still had one thing left to learn. I still need to really get good at flip turns. I learned how to do them at practice yesterday. For two hours, my coach had me flipping over and over. Once I could do the freestyle flip turn, she decided that I was going to learn a backstroke flip turn. Those are kind of scary, because you are coming into the wall blind. I still have this fear of cracking my skull against the wall, but she seemed confident that I won't. It did always work... There are muscles that I didn't even know existed that are sore today. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, but at least I'm feeling better about the meet now. Oh well, off to take some ibuprophen!

No comments: