Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Gearing Up

There's not much other than just the usual going on for me and Casey. Our town is gearing up for it's annual Walking Horse Celebration. Town will be flooded. Eating dinner out is out of the question. Imagine 50,000 extra people in a town that usually only holds about 16,000. Yeah, you get the picture.

Right now, we are preparing ourselves for our annual trip to DragonCon. This year I have a costume, so I'll be traipsing about in gear and so will Casey. My co-worker, Kim and her fiance will be there as well. It will be nice to have a little extra estrogen on hand this year. I'm looking forward to seeing and spending time with all my friends from the 501st Legion, Southern Outpost. There are so many cool things that I want participate in this year. I'm also really looking to the weekend in Atlanta. It's just nice to get away for a few days.

Tonight, the Celebration Pet Day Committee is meeting at our event location. Hopefully, we can figure out the best way to set everything up. Things are coming together nicely. We've gotten permission to hand out flyers at the Celebration Dog Show to advertise our Pet Show. Last year I judged the event, and we had over 500 entries. It seems like a really good way to advertise and get more participation. Three other committee members, along with myself, will be there Sunday to pass out all of the pet show and informational flyers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it pays off.

My life just hasn't been very eventful lately, but I guess that's a good thing. Right??

No comments: