Bear and Shiloh wish everyone a happy and safe Howl-O-Ween!!
Got all of my "to do" list accomplished yesterday. I have quite a few to finish today at work. Then tomorrow, it's off to the Howl-O-Ween dog agility show in Franklin, TN. It's one the biggest agility shows this area has ever had. They are also having a costume contest. I'm definitely taking my camera along to get great shots. I did make pictures of Bear during his walk yesterday and of the Halloween sights around my neighborhood. I'll try to post those next week. Then on Sunday, Halloween, Bear and I are going around the neighborhood to deliver all of those treat bags. I'm going to make them all up tonight. I've got copies of the above picture to attach to the bags as cards. Then as I posted yesterday, Monday is Dr. appointment day! Anyway, I hope that you all have a very happy and safe Halloween! I've posted some Halloween pet safety tips below. They are from The American Humane Association. Oh, and DON'T let your pets ingest those fake spider webs. They are fatally toxic to animals!
Don't Let Halloween Bring a Scare!
Witches, bats, and scaredy cats
Halloween is a great holiday for kids, but it can be hard on pets if you don't take some precautions.
Keep your pet safely indoors, away from noisy groups of small ghouls and goblins. And keep pets away from the door where they can accidentally escape as you open the door for trick-or-treaters.
If you have a black cat, you have a special problem. The mythology about black cats being related to witches can lead strange people to do strange things to them. Even kids who mean no harm may yell when they see a black cat -- scaring the cat much more than the cat scares them.
Pet costumes are the latest Halloween craze. Who can resist dressing up their pet in those cute little hats and witches capes? But make sure your pet can move freely and won’t stumble over a costume that hangs to the ground. And never tie anything around his neck that can choke and strangle him. Opt for a fancy collar instead. Let your pet be the judge. If he struggles and is uncomfortable, then maybe it would be best to let him stay dressed as a Corgi rather than a ghost!
Pets and candy
Candy can make a pet sick or may be lethal. Chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine, which can make dogs very ill, and could even cause death if consumed in enough quantity.
Everyone have a safe and happy Halloween weekend!